What do you pack for a week away in your hand luggage?
Do you have less than seven days before you set off on a beach holiday? It’s time to start thinking about what to pack so you have everything you need once you get to your destination.
Packing a 5 kg suitcase as hand luggage to take on board always causes a certain amount of anxiety, even among frequent fliers.
But let’s proceed step by step!
If you travel by plane with Albastar, we recommend that you read our regulations regarding the weight and size of suitcases.
Please remember that you can carry on board, without having to pay extra, one piece of hand luggage weighing 5 kg if you have purchased a charter flight ticket, while you can take a 7 kg suitcase as hand luggage on scheduled flights.
Keep in mind that you should also be aware of what size suitcases our airline allows on board: your suitcase to not exceed 115 cm, which is the sum of 55x40x20.
You may also take on board free of charge only one of the following items: briefcase or laptop bag or handbag or umbrella.
Only one piece of luggage per passenger can be checked into the hold, up to a maximum of:
- 15 kg for charter flights
- 20 kg for scheduled flights.
Please remember that, in accordance with international regulations, bags weighing more than 32 kg cannot be checked into the hold.
Do you have any doubts? Contact our Call Center now: it is always better to travel informed than to arrive at the airport and have to deal with an unpleasant surprise!
What should you pack? Here are 3 valuable tips from Albastar’s staff for zero stress hand luggage:
Number one: start thinking about it a few days earlier so you don’t have to rush around at the last minute, thus avoiding throwing everything in and perhaps getting to your destination without your favourite t-shirt!
Especially since, if you decide to travel with just 5 kg hand luggage, it will be a struggle balancing space, weight and being at ease on all occasions, from the beach to dinner with a sea view.
Number two: make a list of what to pack. You can find many sites on the web with lists to download, also for smartphones.
The following are essential if you are packing luggage for a week’s holiday at the beach:
- two costumes
- a comfortable pair of shoes if you have some excursions in mind and a pair for the evening
- sunglasses to protect your eyes
- a sweatshirt or jacket for the evening
- a beauty case with all your toiletries, sun cream and after sun.
These are the basic items we suggest you put in your suitcase. You may however want to personalise the list based on the type of accommodation you will stay in: if you go camping, you should perhaps opt for practical clothes and accessories; if you stay in a 4-star hotel, we suggest you add one or two more elegant items.
Number three: do you have any space-saving tricks so that you can pack the perfect suitcase without leaving anything at home?
- You will be away for a week, so there is no need to take your entire wardrobe with you. Arrange each item on the bed and create interchangeable outfits.
- Roll up clothes instead of folding them. Otherwise, fold the clothes sleeves only and make use of all lengthwise space.
- Place shoes together with socks and your beauty case at the bottom of the case.
- Store clothing such as costumes and underwear in transparent plastic bags so as to compact them better. On the way back, you can use them for clothes that need washing.